Monday, November 29, 2010

The Gift


It was the most personal gift I had ever given. I needed to present it finely.

So I went to the Amazon Rainforest and veiled it with a Misty Rainbow. I then travelled to Ancient Florence and hammered around it Leaves of Gold. Then I went to Heaven and swirling my hand, clustered Silver Stars for sticking and Empyrean Diamond Dust for sprinkling. After that, I borrowed a Fiery Scarlet Feather from a Phoenix and dipped it in all of the lights of Christmas in New York City and Paris.

It was the most beautiful gift I had ever wrapped.

With all of my spirit, I handed him the Sparkling Crystalline unparalleled package.

"Thanks, but I already have one," he said, handing it back.

There was nothing to be done. I couldn't return it and it was useless to me, already plucked from my chest, now bleeding through the box. I tried putting it back, but it never felt the same.

Years later, I gave it again, or a close replica. It was wrapped in rainbow paper, with a gold bow, glittering diamonds and a red feather. Luckily he was so impressed by the veneer he didn't have the heart to open it.

So there it sat, my grand bluff, an empty box.


No comments:

Post a Comment