Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Curtain Call


My, we've made some beautiful music...
Always speaking as if they were gone already
as if not one of them would have stayed
so they hear the story instead of the girl they lost
the one who leaves
if only to do them the favor,
give them the courtesy 
of bowing first

This life of mine has been nothing but a sonnet 
sewn into melody
all beautiful bows tied in time
tidy perfect
all making sense in the end
or so I seem to think the seams will match
the gown will fit
perfectlly
and think today the wrapped present 
for tomorrow's hands

however-
I can't help but sing that jagged melody;
the one you taught me that had no resolution;
the one that endlessly sings over the sea

And now we rock and quake in the arcane never
in the space within the silence
and in my curtain call
I explain the entire play.
I entreat you to understand it, watch it-
all the parts I withheld awaiting your ardor-
the test of the faith which never came-
and I walk away.
And they never see me actually go
but look up only
and realize I am no longer there

in the space within the silence
I spill 1000 words for you
mix and swirl and watch them make shades of meaning
but always the same sentiment
I wait until you bow
and take my leave
because if I don't do it first
you may 

No comments:

Post a Comment