Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Grass


Sitting on the grass
I feel at home.
This is what my earth makes
As opposed to your apartment building
across the street of black tar
which I cannot cross.

Frozen here in the warm grass
wanting roots
warm from soil
but not to pluck for your crystal vase.

Your crystal place shines and gleams
all earth glitter wealth
but where is the heart
the hearth
the health?

I wish you would run out here naked
and open to the day-
Oh then would we play and I say 
yes
But the stiffened manner of your
dress to impress
makes me want to dig in this dirt
and flirt with my wild side,
this unbridled bride
must be hard to hold;
never doing as told
too bright and 
too bold
to grow in the shade 
of your perfect life behind blinds

and you look blind to my simple finds
so to this grass I fled
to love with my heart
and not with my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment