Thursday, March 18, 2010

How We Fall In Love...


"Are your eyes honey or amber colored?"

"What?"

"Your eyes. Would you say they're more honey or amber? They're not brown, you know."

Interesting...I've always known that, but no other guy had ever noticed, or taken the time to really look past the brown. The Amber of my eyes and skin which almost was my name. They're actually Cherry Umber with sparks of Green at the iris, eyes which darken with emotion to Rich Chocolate. Never thought his large, large blue eyes would see that much.

This wasn't in the plan. Why did this seem the only detail that now mattered? I started shutting the eyes of my past. He was right and he was now. Perhaps Mr. Right Now for now?

Actually, they weren't truly blue; they were Ice Green with Clouds of Grey that shone like Miami waters right after the sunset when the Neon Blush of the pre-dusk sky makes the sea glow Smoky Luminous Turquoise.

I mean, they're blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment