Thursday, May 23, 2013

Chasing Sunsets


And we keep chasing these sunsets
Realizing in afterhours
we should have shared more kisses
than words.
Your warmth keeps finding me
as I race backwards through time to keep you
young and beautiful,
fond of me and
my golden ways;
these golden days
always returning.
As you are almost gone I garner the wherewithal
to look directly at you.
I tell you 
all I've ever yearned to say;
declare you my Sun King
as you dip down below,
but I must remember
you burn,
not glow
all over my skin in a skein of tangled wishes
we once tossed into the billows
like copper coins.
My lilliputian form stands still 
against the rails of it
as my will declares its constancy and watches you go down
I take with me this ebony flow
this solid peace-
I know
 you, also, will not go out.

No comments:

Post a Comment