Thursday, May 9, 2013

Dear Red Letter Reader...


Oh Red Letter Reader
Dearest eyes who have surmised the shape of this heart
in great worry
and have sought the counsel 
in regards to my soul's state
to try once again
lift lifeless lids and look to the browned eyes of love
itself removed from the pupils

yes,
I've been through it
but until you asked
I would have sent a doily 
Red glitter
and a perfect red yes,
a heart,
to RSVP your soirée-
thank you
for always being the secret light inside of me
I desired and loved most

but to repondez 
s'il vous plait
I guess they all left me for dead
took the parts of me they loved
left the rest
like parts of the chicken
Days of Shakespeare on the bed table and roses underfoot
Seem to have gone out of favour
Gentlemen less gentle
but this vampiress sits romantically in her same chair
breathing beauty of the crisp apple night
undead,
this romance
lives in perpetuity.
These eyes they all thought browned with loss
Were really warmed with love
Still saved
And eyes may hide their age
but not their wisdom

So yes,
All things considered my darling,
never been better
or more alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment