Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Poses


The weird sweeps warm smile cross these cherry lips
So don't forget my number lest the nine secrets of these hips
is lost to the tide of fallen figures
and sealed in the diary of our Sphinx

And finally she wrote to me
Those words I'm supposed to hear
It was two not three but pity be
that twasn't five or six
all those towns of places we made
Faces staring at other stars
There were miles of creases we laid
pieces of us left in other cars

but still I know in your traffic jam state of mind
I'm always the reason you adjust the view behind
and you wish on coins already thrown 
that's how hidden you keep these bones
The last thing you'd ever say is what's on your mind
simply poses instead
still, reflective, and completely falsified
devoid of the love I placed in our lives
but your poses make better proses than poems
you know
and my read poems make better roses
one last taste of me
sweeps past those full and cherry lips

No comments:

Post a Comment