Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Embers


Where are you going looking so beautiful
Why are you leaving feeling so rushed
I know how this started and I hear you revving inside
Your eyes like to wander your hands like to touch

Why do you throw it around so recklessly
Like some dish you can just replace
I’m not at your table but I hear you ordering for me
With some other pretty plated face
Just cause you like the taste

We were all of the moment but none of the memory
Something made me ready for your taking
All of the music but none of the lyrics
Something keeps your crystal heart from breaking 
Into embers in this dying fire
we both refuse to jump on that pyre

Whose eyes are gazing back from your mirror
Always your style to look but not see
This path we're driving races past the fruits of heaven
As fast as we can through the birds and the bees
Just cause we like it free

We were all of the passion but none of the promise
Something made you thirsty for these ashes
All of the travel but none of the distance
Something in me feeds on sparks and flashes
Just an ember in your dying fire
And I refuse to jump on your…

Something’s burning
Why don’t we run?
You smashed your silence
Cause it was fun
What have I become?

You're the ember
I'm the ashes of our fire
And you refuse to douse your desire


















No comments:

Post a Comment