Friday, May 11, 2018

Miracle


It’s strange to think of the pain you take on cause you trust this person exists
All the while on the train I daydreamed purple mountain bliss
One hell of a leap of faith when you stop and think cause nothing’s promised
But my shadow grows each day behind the life I almost missed

It’s funny how accident and miracle are living hand in hand

Well the headlines that day both comforted and scared
We went racing off the tracks they say neither of us were sure the cause
But in that moment we looked down and saw the air begin to pause

And a stranger held out his hand, said 'lady I got you'
And pulled me into safety as only strangers do
And I guess he was the brave one
cause I just followed suit
but he saved my life on that day on that train

And then my lover held out his hand, said 'lady I got you'
And he pulled me into safety as only lovers do
And I guess you were the brave one
cause I just followed suit
but oh you saved our lives on that day



No comments:

Post a Comment