Thursday, May 10, 2018

West


Look at you and me I never thought we’d be
going broke on good coffee
Packed up all these bags and headed to the west
where the restless souls are free
or it’s a test for souls like me
who just reflect what we think we’ll see

I see you wore that jacket in front of all your friends
What you think they’re thinking now?
The queen you play on screen and stage ain’t just pretend
Do you think you took your bow?
Out west they’ll never raise a brow
At least I hear anyhow

And I wouldn’t trade you for them
Though it would be easier to bend
than break this day and say farewell

Looking at the needle’s slow and steady climb 
as the sides of the world become a mist
I never thought I’d need my slow and steady side
But you’re so hard to resist
And now I only clench this fist
Around this wheel that steers me west

No I wouldn’t trade you for them
Oh it would be easier to bend
But I’d rather break this day in your arms than say
Farewell
So we head west…

No comments:

Post a Comment